Error: Access Token is not valid or has expired. Feed will not update.
This error message is only visible to WordPress admins
There's an issue with the Instagram Access Token that you are using. Please obtain a new Access Token on the plugin's Settings page.
If you continue to have an issue with your Access Token then please see this FAQ for more information.
“Ever wonder what it’s like to stare at pictures of Alex Gaskarth or Jack Barakat for a living?”
Well, we know one man who knows all about this very rough life…
Remember MEdia’s Shawna Terry had the chance to catch up with the one and only, photographer extraordinaire Tom Falcone, currently chasing All Time Low on The Future Hearts Tour. As far as photographers go he’s one of the best in the business, and as far as bands go, if you can name em’ Falcone’s been there, shot that.
So let’s get to know the man behind making All Time Low look even more beautiful than they already are:
Credits: All Time Low, Issues, PVRIS, Jeffrey Star, Steve Aoki, Mayday Parade, The Maine, Waka Flocka Flame, Bayside, Hit The Lights, the list goes on and on…
1. What inspired you to do band/concert photography over every other type? I love music. It’s fun to shoot and it allows me to travel and not keep shooting the same thing over and over again. Different city, different photos.
2. What was your favorite tour you’ve ever photographed and why?
It’s hard to say, but I think my first time in Australia was cool, as well as Asia with Mayday Parade…and another tour that I did with a DJ named RL Grime was awesome.
3. Besides photography, do you have any other talents?
I used to play sports! Wrestling and football captains in high school. I also am talented at public speaking… is that a thing?
4. Tell us something that no one really knows about you.
I enjoy spending time at home on my couch doing nothing a lot of the time. My job is to travel and be gone from home, so when I am home, home is my vacation. I also enjoy cooking when I am able to, as well as wine tasting.
5. If you could be a super hero, what power would you want?
I would love to cure.
6. We’ve heard so many stories of pranks that happen while out on tour, are you the one doing the pranks or the one being pranked on. Tell us a story!
I have been the youngest person on every tour I’ve ever been on. So I am the one who always gets picked on. I don’t remember anything too crazy, but, one time in Asia I started a “PIZZA” chant. That was my most memorable moment, I think. I don’t even know if anyone knew what it meant at the time haha, who knows. There is a video somewhere online…
7. If the tables could be turned for a day and you could replace one member in a band and they’d replace you. Who would it be, and why?
Rian from All Time Low always steals my camera. I also used to try to play drums. I think we would be a good swap!
8. If you just won a million dollars, what would you do with it?
Give it to my mother.
9. What have been some of your favorite places touring has taken you?
South France, Australia, California, and Las Vegas.
11. When you’re not on tour, what do you like doing?
I enjoy going on boats, drinking wine, and hanging out with my family and loved ones.
12. “@sinkingtheanchors” from Instagram would like to know who was the first international band you ever photographed?
The Receiving Ends of Sirens
Spit Fire Questions:
1. Favorite lens/camera model: 50mm 1.4 (CANON) // Fujifilm x100s
2. Guilty pleasure: Sleeping
3. First band you EVER photographed: Moraine (NJ local band)
4. Favorite town/city/or state: New York
5. Fave snack to eat on tour: Gummy bears!
6. Current song stuck in your head: Third Eye Blind- Dopamine
7. Cats or Dogs: Dogs 100%